Have you ever seen an adult woman throwing an all-out temper tantrum? You know, the kind where she burns anyone near her with the flames projecting from her eyes, the items in her arms get used as weaponry, and/or she flails herself on the bed cursing any variety of events that would make any sane-minded person merely scoff? Well…Evan met a version of this medusa after my first experience with meal planning. I have since reclaimed composure, learning a few ‘what not to do’s’ in the process and educating myself on how meal planning can be less like a day at the DMV and even borderline enjoyable.
1. Enjoy at least one green smoothie everyday. If the rest of your day is filled with oreos and italian food, at least you can say you made this one nutritious choice. Chances are if you begin your day with a nutrient-packed smoothie you will have more of the confidence and energy to keep the healthy momentum going! The best part of a smoothie is you can change it up everyday to add variety to your routine and, since your body is able to more quickly digest liquid food, it will aid in digestion, ensure hydration, and empower your immune system while giving you instant energy due to the fructose absorption from the fruit. If you don’t already, go out RIGHT NOW and purchase a Vitamix. It is the best investment you will every make. Our typical smoothie includes:
- 1/2 – 1 cup of frozen fruit: blueberries, strawberries, pineapple
- 1/2 – 1 medium banana
- 1 cup greens: spinach or kale
- 1/2 non-dairy milk: coconut or almond
- 1 – 2 tbsp brown rice protein
- 1/2 – 1 scoop Vega performance protein powder
- 1/2 – 1 tbsp chia seeds
- Spring peas
FOLLOW LINK ABOVE TO A TRUE HAPPY MEAL
Happy meal planning, and be sure to share your ideas with us…we would love to feature your recipes and stories!